Bonus Short - COVID-19 Update
No me gusta!
The flash player was unable to start. If you have a flash blocker then try unblocking the flash content - it should be visible below.
In this Hippo Education Short, Infectious Diseases specialist Dr. Devang Patel and our own Dr. Neda Frayha discuss the latest, clinician-focused updates on the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
- Wuhan Coronavirus - 2019-n-CoV. Infectious Diseases Society of America. https://www.idsociety.org/public-health/wuhan-coronavirus/. Accessed 2 Mar 2020
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-n-CoV), Wuhan, China. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html. Accessed 2 Mar 2020.
- Interim U.S. Guidance for Risk Assessment and Public Health Management of Healthcare Personnel with Potential Exposure in a Healthcare Setting to Patients with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/guidance-risk-assesment-hcp.html. Accessed 2 Mar 2020.
- del Rio C, Malani PN. COVID-19—New Insights on a Rapidly Changing Epidemic. JAMA. Published online February 28, 2020. doi:10.1001/jama.2020.3072
- Fauci AS, Lane HC, Redfield RR. Covid-19 - Navigating the Uncharted. N Engl J Med. Feb 28, 2020; DOI: 10.1056/NEJMe2002387
- Wu Z, McGoogan JM. Characteristics of and Important Lessons From the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Outbreak in China: Summary of a Report of 72 314 Cases From the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention. JAMA. Published online February 24, 2020. doi:10.1001/jama.2020.2648
- Bai Y, Yao L, Wei T, et al. Presumed asymptomatic carrier transmission of COVID-19. JAMA. Published online February 21, 2020. doi:10.1001/jama.2020.2565
- Zhang W, Du RH, Li B, et al. Molecular and serological investigation of 2019-nCoV infected patients: implication of multiple shedding routes. Emerg Microbes Infect. 2020; 9(1):386-389.
- Wang D, Hu B, Hu C, et al. Clinical characteristics of 138 hospitalized patients with 2019 novel coronavirus-infected pneumonia in Wuhan, China. JAMA. Published online February 7, 2020. doi:10.1001/jama.2020.1585
- Yee J, Unger L, Zadravecz F, et al. Novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID‐19): Emergence and implications for emergency care. Ann. Emerg. Med 2020; 1– 7. https://doi.org/10.1002/emp2.12034
- Li Q, Guan X, et al. Early transmission dynamics in Wuhan, China of novel coronavirus-infected pneumonia. N Engl J Med January 29, 2020. DOI: 10.1056/NEJMoa2001316
- MacIntyre CR, Chughtai AA. Facemasks for the prevention of infection in healthcare and community settings BMJ 2015; 350 :h694.
- 13. Rezaie S. “COVID-19: The Novel Coronavirus 2019.” REBEL EM Blog, March 1, 2020. Available at: https://rebelem.com/covid-19-the-novel-coronavirus-2019/.